söndag 13 september 2020

Elevator


I was on my home from the office a late Friday and had forgot some important papers. I was on my way up again to my cubicle when I heard a female voice that called out to me to hold the doors for her.

I`m no arsehole so I did.

"Hi! Thanks for keeping the elevator for me", she said when hurrying into the cabin.  She pressed the button to the floor where many of the executives had their offices. 

 

We had made it halfway to my floor when the elevator abruptly stopped and the lights went out.

The first seconds we just stood there in silence, trying to fathom what just had happened.

Then she freaked out. "No no no no no. Not now. I don´t have the time to wait", she lamented in a very exaggerated voice.

"Hey hey hey", I tried to comfort her, "I´m sure they will get us out of here in no time"

She looked at me and gave me a curious look, eyeing me up and down. She sighed when she said: "Could have been worse. You look good enough".

"Uhm. Thanks?"

She grabbed my wrists and began to recite a language unknown to me. It sounded very archaic.

I could feel how static electricity was building up in the air and the lights began to flicker.

All of sudden I got this feeling of falling down very very far and I blacked out.

---------------------------------

When I woke up again I felt terribly groggy and a sense of being in the wrong place. I recognized the metallic walls in the cabin but the sense of wrongness was centered in me.

Looking around I noticed two things: I was alone and my reflection was not my own. The person in the reflection mimiced my every movement. I felt long hair tickle my neck and finally understood why everything felt so weird.

I was in the body of the woman I held the elevator for.

 

1 kommentar:

  1. It was just a day like everybody else. Late in the day, I was about to press the down button, on the elevator.
    Then when the doors are about to closer. A young woman, said wait. SO I held the elevator for her. I know what its like to ruse for the elevator, after she got in. She on the phone, while we went down. After a minute or so. She ended to the call. And she thank me. She looked at me, like she approved of me, maybe like the idea of people that help out, in there own way. Or maybe she likes me.
    And then she spoke a strange language, after a few minutes, the lights flicker on and off a bit. Maybe there was a small power outage. Then I felt funny, strange, or was it the lights.
    After a few minutes, when I woke up, she was gone. Then I stood up. I felt strange, my body felt strange, went said something, I sounded all most feminine, then I looked at the reflection it was her, no it was me, I was her.
    Then I realized it my body wasn't in the elevator. Before I realized it, I was her, how come or why, I'm her. The more I think of it. It seem I'm her, a girl, a woman. Am I comfortable as a girl. Or what said make me feel comfortable. Or is it me!!

    SvaraRadera