söndag 11 augusti 2019

Adapting to a new lifestyle


Cathy noted the large smile on the girl that approached her, and it made herself feel both pleased and smug at the same time.
"So, it looks like you had more fun than you first suspected"

"I know!", the other girl exclaimed joyfully. "It was like the female shopper stereotype hit me just  after I had browsed through the pants. I just had to look them through again just to make sure I didn´t miss any I liked".

"Nice skirt", Cathy said and raised her eyebrow.

"There were a nice couple of pants that I liked but they didn´t match any of the tops they had. So I picked a top that showed my midriff and found a skirt that matched perfectly!"
"Then I found this amazing bag too! It was on sale.", the girl said and beamed happily.

"You´ve become quite the woman after the mishap", Cathy said.
She paused for a couple seconds. "Do you still want to be called Sam by the way?"

She pondered the question. Sam could still be used as a short name for Samantha, instead of her old male name. But she had a whole new life to discover now.
 "No. I think I want to change".

"I understand", Cathy said. She had always been supportive of Sam.
 "What do you have in mind instead?"

"You know, the salesgirl in the store was both cute and super friendly, and I liked her a lot. Her name is Kelly and I´ve decided I want to be called Kelly from now on to honor the help she gave me in my first foray into womanhood".

Cathy nodded. "Kelly it is", she said, content with her friends choice.
  "What do you say Kelly? Wanna go grab a coffee and check out guys?", she said with a wink.

Kelly looked apprehensive at first but then seemed to warm to the idea.
She burst out into a big smile. "What the heck. Sure! I`m a girl now after all! And girls check out boys."


 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar