tisdag 20 augusti 2019

Lovers and friends

 "Something wrong honey? You look like you zoned out for a minute?", Emelie asked me from her side of the kitchen table.

"No. Uhm. I`m fine. I´m fine. Was just thinking about a project at work. Sorry about that", I said  with a weak smile to her. 

"Just let me know if there is anything I can do", she replied with the sweet and caring smile of hers.

In truth my mind had been somewhere else, but not at work.
Thing is that I knew that she really wasn´t my wife. Not in mind at least.
It had began two months ago when my buddy Ned just vanished and a note was found at his apartment that he had got an offer from a company and it would be impossible to contact him.
The very same day my wife began to act strange, nervous even.
She started to do some things differently, I should know because I had been married to her for three years already and had learned her ways, even though she acted like herself at most parts. Something was off about her and it was gnawing at me. I didn´t say anything to her because I didn´t want her to be worried, but I kept an eye on her.
I began to recognize certain mannerisms, intonations, knowledge she wasn´t suppose to have, speech patterns and so on, and who those also belonged to.
Ned.
My good friend Ned.
It became clear to me that she acted like Ned at times. She was still my wife to the fullest extent, but with Ned sprinkled in here and there.
After that everything became so obvious. I still didn´t say anything, but for a whole other reason. Now I knew Ned was in her somehow.

It wasn´t too bad really. Ned knew me and we had roughly the same interests and personalities, and came along great together.
Now he was inside Emelie alongside her memories.
 Before I thought Emelie to be the perfect woman for me but with Ned inside of her too, well you can say she has a whole other understanding of me nowdays, to the better.

We are deeply in love and we are the bestest of friends.


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar